What people are saying about "Corruptors of the Youth"
Corruptors of the Youth
Comments have been closed for this comic.
4 months ago
@Teruo Hirai: I agree with that.
I mean 2000AD (Britian) and Manga (Japan) did have varieties of genres.
4 months ago
@Robert Pflieger Video games. Your reference appears to be spot on. Compare https://ncac.org/resource/a-timeline-of-video-game-controversies (first press hit in 1976: Death Race pulled off shelves) & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies (first press hysteria in 1979).
4 months ago
What got demonized first in the United States, video games (Death Race — 1976) or D&D (1974 original release, 1977 Basic Set)? Legit question.
4 months ago
@Timothy Du Well, I consider the fact that two companies got the monopoly of the entire industry and manage to keep telling the same story over and over again with small variations as a terrible thing. I don’t see much of a mixed bag.
4 months ago
@Teruo Hirai: Well, the comic moral panic is a bad thing, just stated the unintentional consequences.
4 months ago
@Timothy Du was that supposed to be a good thing?
4 months ago
Well, the fear of comic book in US, thanks to "Seduction of Innocent", gave us Silver Age and proliferation of superheroes along with marking DC and Marvel as Big Two at the price of horror comics.
So mixed bag.
4 months ago
I'm surprised you didn't have a comic book in there.
4 months ago
While videogames should not be blamed, the communities....well, they seem to be mixed bag as of now.
Basically, seeing reactions on Battletech's "They" pronoun and "PC pandering" kind of made my eyes roll. You know in a setting where humans are multiracial ("Rabbi Martinez") for the latter.
4 months ago
There is many scientific studies which prove that there is zero correlation with real world violence in children/adults and time spent on violent video games. The media continues to be stupid.
4 months ago
I love the guitar here. Yup, rock and roll is blasphemous devil music and you're not allowed to show the lower half of Elvis Presley dancing or else it would lead young women to sin!
I love this.
4 months ago
Video games causes mass shooting-Confused in Korean
4 months ago
When it comes to politicians; "It's always something/someone else's fault. Totally unrelated to the lobbyists who're giving me big wats of money." Often times it's a good idea to take a second look at who exactly is saying what and most importantly, what they aren't saying.
4 months ago
Because of these idiots, as a kid I couldn't have a tamagotchi. A couple of unfortunate kids killed themselves because they let their 'pet' die, and the media went nuts over it. I paid the price since it's easier to blame the game rather than what caused those two incidents.
4 months ago
d20 has a triangle face... so that is a cheat d12!