What people are saying about "Customization"
Customization

about 2 hours ago
It's not over the top - it's purpose built. That last one is clearly Fire Support (AKA stay in back and hit the things the other guys spot). The middle one is a skirmisher (AKA get in close, take damage, deal damage to the face). Then you've also got scouts, brawlers...
about 13 hours ago
the thing is the "over the top mech" is not really over the top its just practicality/ why waste weight and armor by essentially building a giant human. honestly while the mech looked goofy chromehounds had the best approach to mech design. no arms why do you need hands on a giant war machine
1 day ago
It reminds me of Warhammer 40k but huge, more grimdark and with a Chapel on top of it.
1 day ago
Definitely the 'mobile artillery' kinda player. Almost always went for the tank tread/hover options and anything with area affect or lock on functionality.

Heck, I even used the minelayer/shotgun in Titanfall
1 day ago
Battletech a.k.a.
-get an assault mech with as many ballistic/missile hardpoints as possible
-remove all armor
-shove the strongest possible weapons, only later adding some armor if there's still excess weight
-profit
1 day ago
The over the top mech looks a bit like a T'au Stormsurge
1 day ago
I miss my machine gun, hover legs build in armored core, I absolutely killed it in that thing
Ya joke, but that second mech is a legit build in Battletech. You put as many long range missiles as will fit on the mech (including hardpoints which are sometimes located on the head as shown here) and rain missiles from the other side of a mountain until the enemy mech stops moving.
@Mrlczer Same here, I loved armored core but the quad legs just hovering or acting as treads felt like a big missed opportunity.
You may love Front Mission 4, btw!
This image fits really well for this comic:
I loved Armored Core for that explicit reason when I was young... Ah the days dinking around with my quad legged mech, except I was always kind of disappointed the damn thing didn't actually walk on the legs instead of laying down on them and driving around.
It may just be me, but I don't even think I can spot a discernible *cockpit* on that Missle-Boat mech...

...Also, Kit Fox for Lyfe.
Case and point: the Direstar build in Mechwarrior Online back in 2015-2016 (no longer doable)... Direwolf with 11 C-ER PPCs, basically no armor. Does enough damage with an alpha strike to kill anything in one hit, but you would only get 3 shots before you killed yourself with overheat damage.
If your mech doesn't instantly overheat and explode when using alpha strike, you need more lasers.
Never could master maneuverability on Armored Core 3 through Last Raven, so instead I just went thick tank tread bot with the biggest howitzer I could find strapped to its shoulders.
I miss Chrome Hounds.
WEASEL UNIT TOTAL ASSAULT!!!
Whenever I try to build a mech that has mobility, stealth, medium range and brawl capabilities I just end up with laser vomit light mech in MWO....
Reminds me of the time I used to play a certain in-browser mech battle game... it would have fit in with all the other gacha mobile games these days, and I can't remember its name.
I prefer mech games like Battletech and Mechwarrior, where it FEELS like your piloting a walking tank. Not those flashy Gundam style mech games.
Two mechas game that will always be in my heart :

Mechwarrior on Super Nintendo,
Armored Cored 2 on ps2.

I'm french and both game were exclusively in english, little old me 11 year old trying to understand the game and story.
Have you heard of Battletech(Mechwarrior)?
The most fun I've ever had in a mech game is in Mechwarrior 2, when I put as many I could of the most powerful lasers. I would completely obliterate anything I hit, but if I were to shoot more than once I would just blow up myself from overheating
Basically me and my Cicada LRM Boat in Mechwarrior Online. Fun times.
Oh! Hows it work?

-incredulously- IT GOES BOOM!!!!!!