What people are saying about "Tradition"
Tradition

Pokemon doesn't really care about innovation, because their target demographic is the 5-10 age range. They put in just enough to keep older players kind-of interested, but we're not who they make the game for overall. We're the side effect.
@Sienna Wolfie
You're right. I don't really know what the difference is but where I got sick of Pokémon's lack of innovation after a time and stopped playing it I'm enjoying Dragon Quest as much as ever.
The interesting thing about this is that Dragon Quest has literally been doing the same thing for some 30 years, but the latest entry is widely considered one of the best RPGs of the past couple years.
@Marios Andreou , they're doing it on this one, though. Morgan is dresses like an ivysaur, and jane is dressed like a trainer
The colors of your voltorb and electrode are upside down.
Gen 1 absolutely had some boring-ass designs and names (looking at you, Seel) but I think Voltorbs (and in turn, Electrodes) were actually pretty cool because they fulfilled the niche of Mimics in the Pokemon world. The game is so rooted in RPG tropes: levels, potions, monsters... why not mimics?
I remember people complaining about Pokemon designs in Gen V like ten years ago. Same point, the series launched with pretty lazy designs.

But I think it's a bit hard to really convey where Pokemon has ended up as a series, as a lot of people aren't going to notice a difference.
I never liked Pokemon, the game, or spin-off, or the tv show, or the cards (especially no the cards), or any of the thousands of movies (including the latest real-life movie) but I like the meme of Gloria.

They didn't get lazy, they got greedy, by cutting up their game and selling off the pieces for extra money. The saddest thing is that people actually went and paid money for it.
could you please go back at doing that thing where you pick one theme and the girls pick uniforms based on that theme,it has been very long ever since you last did that.
So nobody wants to talk about Morgan skinning and wearing a Bulbasaur?
Dugtrio and Magnemite, too. Also, Dragonair is basically a slightly elongated Dratini. Such inspired designs...