Toppledge
What people are saying about "Escape Artist"
Escape Artist
Comments have been closed for this comic.
The Engineer
over 1 year ago
I figured out quickly that the problem with a Zombie survival game based on a shooter game is that people want to play a shooter game.

Sneak around, gathering your meager supplies, feel pretty good about yourself, then encounter another player who only claims they're friendly.

Repeat.
The Dave
@Anon Ecxept for the hackers
A person
over 1 year ago
This is basically me. Just replace "chores" with "studying".
idiot
over 1 year ago
@Turkashi: Got it. Thank you.
Turkashi
@idiot:
I think engie want sneaky play games. But before you get spotted, you press alt+F4 to instant close the game. Here is this comic, she pressed alt+f4 to close herself.

But in Jo's comment they're talking about WarZ and DayZ
Turkashi
over 1 year ago
Thx both for the explanation. Was a bit too lazy to do my research.
2013
over 1 year ago
Still playing zombie games... I've lost faith in humanity.
idiot
someone explain plz

i dont understand the comic

thank you very much in advance!
SevenGamingSins
over 1 year ago
@Anon not your cup of tea then? Only issue that i have with WarZ is that you dehydrate way too damn fast to do anything entertaining, DayZ i still enjoy mostly out of loyalty, but also quite a bit of gleeful pride in finally figuring out the atrocious GUI
Hazama
over 1 year ago
I am in the same boat about the game. It is pretty 'Meh', a lot of running around doing nothing, 10 minutes of running away from zombies, and 4 seconds of shooting until one person dies...

I will just watch people play it if I really need too...
Anon
over 1 year ago
@AckAckAck Actually, I have WarZ. It exceeds DayZ in every way. Also, they're both crap.
Witch
over 1 year ago
What chores? Isn't Argonian Maid playing the kitchen-slave role now? I mean "kitchen" as an emotional symbol of "chores", not literally.
over 1 year ago
@Meh That might be because they're still in the pre-kickstarter phase. Also, I wasn't aware anything 'owned' the concept of a realistic low-fantasy MMO with hunger, thirst, and permanent death, especially given that ToA was originally started back in 2005, but had to be postpone due to no funding.
over 1 year ago
@ : I always though Star Battle should at least give dead player's control of a big mob, just so they have something to do while waiting for the game to conclude. It's not like they'd make much of a difference in that state but they'd still have something.
Scow2
over 1 year ago
@KillerXzow: But in DotA/DotA2, you don't keep your stuff if you ragequit, and it sets you back far more than if you merely take the hit.

over 1 year ago
@KillerXzow you should try Star Battle SC2 map. There is only one consequence for death. If you died then you are dead.
KillerXzow
over 1 year ago
Hey Jo, dont forget that PvP + Death with consequences are one of the keys of Dota/Dota2. It takes a while to get used too, but you start to realize what is safe or not in this kind of game.
Liro Raeriyo
over 1 year ago
I hear an upcoming patch will make Alt F4 kill your character before closing your game, making it a moot point if you die or not

oh no wait, thats just how my bullets interpret everything i shoot at
Ninj77
over 1 year ago
Looks like someone have been a very naughty girl!

Come on Jo! Time for some sexy...er I mean, "justified" spanking!
Sgtflyer
over 1 year ago
try to find a video about 'big rigs', the guy who created this 'game' is the head of hammerpoint studios, the guys who are 'making' war Z...
nightarix
over 1 year ago
@turkashi as loouis and meh have mentioned "the War Z" is a game attempting to cash in on dayZ's popularity.(or at least that's how i interpret it's short development period) haven't had the experience of playing it myself tbh. though the fiasco with steam, among others. hasn't help its rep any.
Mech__Warrior
over 1 year ago
From what I remember, alt-F4ing in combat will kill you. Bye bye Engie!
Meh
over 1 year ago
@Loouis and their 'foundation release' is what people usually call pre-alpha...
Loouis
over 1 year ago
@Turkashi: DayZ is a mod of another game named Arma 2.
The War Z is a game made by Hammerpoint Interactive and is also a sandbox zombie game. One is a mod and the other one is a real game still in 'foundation release'.
Meh
over 1 year ago
@Geary ToA seems like vaporware to me. There's nothing on their site that proves they're able to do anything other than write and draw, and most of the concept is stolen from Salem/Haven&Hearth/Mortal anyway.
Turkashi
over 1 year ago
Whao had read 2x the comic before I understand, today Jo went full high level joke!
btw someone can explain short differnt between warz and the other Z? Though one was a fake that was delete by Steam very early.
Jyoumon
over 1 year ago
Actually the game can be quite fun, course a lot are moving to more PvE or Private hives so that the admins have more control.

I mean...whats more fun than spawning into the game with blackhawk waiting to pick you up, load you with gear, and go RIGHT back into the fray!
Anonymous
over 1 year ago
It's funny because that was actually an engine crash.

over 1 year ago
@AckAckAck WarZ? The worst user-rated game on metacritic? Everything is better than WarZ.
AckAckAck
over 1 year ago
@Anon: Because it's still in the Alpha state. I bet you never check the updates huh?

Also it's still way WAY better than WarZ.
Your Name
over 1 year ago
You should respawn as a zombie... really
over 1 year ago
DayZ hardly has 'permanent death.' You respawn as normal, simply without any of the equipment you had.

For it to truly be permanent death, there would have to be some sort of character progression. There's actually an MMO in production that's attempting this, called Trials of Ascension.
Anon
over 1 year ago
You're wasting your time, Engie-Tan. That game really isn't good. At all. At least whenever I tried to play. Zombies spotting me from the other side of a lake, guns without bullets, bullets without guns, game-breaking glitches, unresponsive gameplay, bones breaking on doors... I could go on.
Mouse
Engie needs a spanking.
I'll be glad to administer it on your behalf!
Lien
over 1 year ago
Hold on! I thought engie didn't need to do chores?
Not Jo
Press alt-f4 to make em appear
Zed
I'm confused...

Boobs were not clearly visible at any point in this comic.

Am I missing a panel somewhere?
kossumies6