Toppledge
What people are saying about "Dream Job"
Dream Job

@Elyseon: Hey Javik, the airlock's broken.
L E T H E R S T A Y
@Beastwolf: It's an efficient system. Suitable for disposing of stupid primitives.
I'm holding out my hype until I see gameplay. I was hyped AF when I saw StarFox being announced on E3, and it turned out to be Yet Another Starfox 64 Remake: The Game. At this point all we have is Schroedinger's game. It can suck or not until we observe it.
I'm thinking she' prefer being identified as a woman

One who's hot

Can't see it under all that armor
Zamus will be monumentally useful when the aliens finally mount an assault on your base.
@Elyseon:
"Throw it out the airlock"
Javik? You read nerfnow?
@Cole Graber: Reminder we and everything we know will all be destroyed long before the eventual heat death of the universe.
^ about as useful as reminding everyone that nintendo doesn't like their fans doing anything for them.
@slo: It is not a matter of good or bad, it is a matter of not wanting to compete with a fan remake. No matter if either project is good or bad there is simply no reason to release against the fan project when you own the franchise.
So... is the punchline that Samus actually does prefer the bar job, or dosen't? I can't really tell from the facial expression and tone, and there are compelling arguments for both sides.
slo
@TheTriforceDragon: assuming Nintendo is THAT bad at what they do and fans are THAT good. Which isn't far from the truth at all.
@Cole Graber: Well duh? If Nintendo were working on their own remake of course the fan project gets a cease and desist. People may not like it, but it would be monumentally stupid to let the fan remake continue if you yourself is remaking it.
Oh, believe me, controls are the least of the issues in Prime...
I just realized angie must have been just over samus's shoulder reading her email to know that she even got an offer.
Reminder that the 2D Metroid was also remade by fans.... and got C&D by Nintendo.
Doesn't the advice-giver usually try to STOP the victim from going back into an abusive relationship?

I mean we all know how it has to end, but still.
Step 1: Throw Other M and its makers out the nearest airlock.
Step 2: Make a classic style 2D Metroid or a 2.5 or a 3D that doesn't handle like ass. No more first person though.
From the bit of gameplay in the reveal trailers, it looks like returns is getting some decent gameplay updates: more shooting angels that up, forward & between, that deflection swipe with the cannon, using the grapple beam, and those counter/shoot-the-crap-out-of-them combos. It looks good to me.
Pretty much what everyone else has said. The motion controlled aiming in Prime 3 and the ported Prime 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing. Not sure if it was better than mouse, but pretty close.
@VinLAURiA Amen to that brother. Against the Mouse Gyro/Motion controls are the next best thing and 100X better then Sticks.
... And that includes PC. Screw what anyone else says, the Wiimote is a godsend for shooters and I'll defend it 'till my last breath. I had the chance to play TF2 with Wii-like controls (Razer Hydra) and it was far better than my mouse.
Controversy? Tch. I've never played another shooter that controlled as well the Wii Primes. Yes, I played the GCN versions of the first two back in the day, but porting Corruption's controls back to them in MPTrilogy just made them that much better. Smooth as silk. Grab it on the U eShop if you can.